Saturday, March 17, 2012

DIY: Lace Tabletop

I finally did it! I've been wanting to try this tutorial forever, I got the idea from one of my favorite reads. A Beautiful Mess and it turned out wonderfully. I recently purchased a kitchen table set for only 30$-thrifted, it was somewhat beat up so I didn't mind trying out this tutorial even if it didn't turn out- but since it did I want to share!


So the idea is to make you table look like lace, it's a gorgeous accent to any room, you can practically do it on anything!

What you need: 
a table of some sort
Spray paint (I chose white)
masking tape
lace tablecloth/curtain

Make sure you tabletop is clean, tape the lace to the table firmly- make sure there's no wrinkles! Hold the spray paint can about a foot away (make sure you shake well first) then spray evenly on desired area.

  Let dry for about 2 hours then pull lace back- ta da! a newly renovated tabletop <3

So I think it turned out pretty good, although since it is a kitchen table I'm going to have to find some sort of primer to put on top so it doesn't come off. which Noah bird around I'm sure the table will get dirty enough and I can only go so long before wiping it down. I will let you know what I use when I have time to hunt.

On another note Happy Saint Patty's Day! Have a good weekend :)

peace.love.shoes.

1 comment: