Friday, July 1, 2011

a new addition: 15 weeks

Do I have a story to tell you! So, as you may know my first OB appointment is July 11, my FIRST... which I wasn't really sure why it was so late to being with because I'm already in my second trimester- but anyway we will get back to that. The daddy (Phil) lives a few hours away from here so I only see him every coupe of weeks, and unfortunately he has not been able to make it to any of my doctor callings so far. So, we had called to schedule our first REAL ultrasound for July 11, which would be fine but I need a referral form from my family doctor. While waiting 3 hours to see him, not only is he "shocked" that my first OB appt was so far away (which he scheduled) but he said you should have had an ultrasound between 11-14 weeks- which might I add this one was the most important where they can tell if the baby is healthy. At the time I had been 13 weeks and 5 days, he says "you need an ultrasound tomorrow"

I called from Windsor to Kingsville, all places were book, last resort was the hospital. After rushing to the hospital the next morning the lady says they are booked until the end of July, after explaining the whole story to her boss she was reluctant to say OK we can fit you in you will just have to wait a bit, which I did not mind.

After being called in the ultrasound lady says, you are 15 weeks and 6 days we will not be able to do the appropriate tests. I wanted to scream. I didn't know better this is my first child! I figured my doctor would book everything I need the referral anyways! I did do research online and I saw that it did say my first ultrasound was 11-14 weeks, I had a dating ultrasound a month before and figured that would take it's place because I wasn't aware of what it was for.

When the doctor told me that I wanted to climb over the desk and jab him with a pen- held back of course. Needless to say ladies, if you are expecting don't make the mistakes I did.

peace.love.shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Things like this are the reason I switched family doctors. I hope things run smoothly for you from now on!

    ReplyDelete