Monday, April 18, 2011

A new happily ever after.

So on the weekend my work friend Lauren got engaged. I am so unbelievably excited for her. We would talk about it every day, shes been waiting for him to propose for a while now, so when he did it it was just a shock! I was so excited for her, I told everyone (even people that didn't know her) wedding's make me happy.



So this morning I told my mom the Lauren got engaged, she at least somewhat knows about her, because I talk about work people like crazy. When I told my mom, she said Lauren was stupid to get married. I got so enraged, I yelled and said "just because your marriage didn't work out, doesn't mean hers won't" all she had to say was she is too young, even though by the time she actually gets married will be 24, which I think is a reasonable age, and my mom got married at 20, and my gramma got married at 18, my grandparents have the happiest marriage in the world. I really hate when people are so opinionated. Why does everyone look at marriage like it's a trap? It's not, if you don't love someone, and you can't stand being with them don't get married for the sake of a title. THERE are actual people in LOVE out there. That will make a strong marriage. I guess there influences would come among how they were raised as well, parents surprisingly, have a big influence on the way there children portray life. I know my parents do, and lately it hasn't been a positive influence, sometimes you just have to learn, taking a stand is better, than listening to the "poison" of life, parents don't always know better. You have to make the decision, are they really giving me the right advice, or is it coming from a negative outlook on life that comes from bad decisions that they made in there past.

Just something to think about i guess.

peace.love.shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment